Saturday, October 25, 2014

Toys

WTF is it with people trying to keep up with the Joneses? I just don't get it.

Will buying a bigger house really make you happier? The latest luxury car? (I never could understand what was meant by 'luxury' - aren't all cars meant to be comfortable?)

I ran into a pompous Greek-American poodle at the Wawa. Every time I hear her yapping away on her cell phone it's always about money this, money that. I have yet to run into her when she wasn't talking on her cell phone. I mean I can multi-task, but stirring your coffee while talking really loud on your cell phone in a public place is utterly rude. No one wants to hear about the new car you are buying. Who gives a fuck!

One of my favorite quotes ... 'He who dies with the most toys is still dead.'

I have come close to death. Anyone who has come close to death can tell you that at the end of your life, you won't be thinking about your 401-K, your assets, etc. What you will be thinking about is the things you never did.

We will all die, but we must live now. Every moment is precious.

Forget about your toys and live for Pete's sake.



No comments:

Post a Comment