Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pete & Rena

Nikki and I visited Pete and Rena after work. Rena made us both huge cups of Greek coffee.

When Rena greeted us she started crying. I feel so bad for them. Their youngest daughter's Toula's husband, Chris, has Stage 4 colon cancer. It has spread to his liver and lung. In order for Chris to be eligible for a clinical trial at the University of Pennsylvania, he will need to have a biopsy of his colon, lung and liver. Then he can join the clinical trial for the experimental cocktail (chemo).

I thanked Rena for the galaktobouriko (Greek pastry) she sent when Dina, my cousin Steve and Linda came over and visited me the day after I got out of the hospital.

All we can do is support them and offer any help they may need during this difficult time.

Chris is young and I am hopeful he will tolerate the chemo well.

Keep up the fight Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment