Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Physical Therapy

I met my physical therapist, Julie, today at 1:00 pm. She strictly deals with breast cancer patients. After the intro and a series of questions, I took off my shirt and laid down. She checked my range of motion (ROM). The area around my shoulder, my pectoral and deltoid muscles in particular, are stiff. She then explained our plan of action. I see her again this Thursday at 2:00.

Starting next Monday, which will be my first day back at work after missing this week to fluid buildup, I will be seeing Julie every Monday from 6:30 am to 7:30 am which works out good because then I can drive straight to work. I have to see her 2 x a week. It will also most likely be Wednesdays from 7:30 am to 8:30 am. She will start off by massaging the fluid away from the area under my arm. She will also massage certain areas of my scar to break down my scar tissue. There is a section in the center and a small section under my arm that has not completely healed. We will avoid those two areas initially.

Once we deal with the seroma then we will move on to stretching and strengthening exercises.

I'm actually looking forward to my physical therapy. Can't wait until Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment