Friday, October 3, 2014

Sleep Problems

Having a hard time sleeping. I am lucky if I fall asleep and if I do, it doesn't last for long. So grateful my cat Gypsy is next to me. It's pretty amazing how animals can sense when you are not well. She would always curl up next to me on my right side - always. Ever since my surgery, she sleeps on my left side.

Last Friday both Gypsy and I had a rough night. I still had my drains in and I fell asleep on my back. I was in considerable pain that night. I had a nightmare - someone was chasing me and I couldn't get away. I was screaming. Gypsy got scared and ran out of my room. My mom got up and ran to my rescue. When I woke up I started to cry and couldn't stop. My mom kept rubbing my forehead and telling me I was going to be okay.

When my mom finally went back to her room Gypsy started to wail in the hallway. My mom got back up and managed to get Gypsy back in my room.

I feel so sorry for my mom. She is tired. She worries a lot about me. Sometimes I'll be laying in bed resting and my mom will come in to check on me. I can hear her coming so I close my eyes and pretend that I am sleeping.

My mother has the strength of a thousand wild horses.

A week has gone by and I'm feeling much better. I have gone through an entire day (yesterday) without any pain meds.

I couldn't sleep last night. I heard my dad get up at 5:30. He fed Gypsy and came to check on me. I pretended to be asleep. I heard him go back and tell my mom, 'she's okay, she's sleeping.'



My mom comforting Gypsy.


No comments:

Post a Comment