Monday, October 20, 2014

Can't return to work

On what I thought would have been my first day of work turned into a downer.

I had to have more fluid drained from under my arm at 9:00 this morning.

The area below my scar was fine.

Tomorrow I have to go to MLH in Newtown Square at 1:00 pm for physical therapy. I also have an appointment at 2:00 pm on Thursday with the same therapist. Dr. Frazier told me the physical therapist will massage the fluid away from the area under my arm where the fluid can be absorbed into my body. Range of motion exercises will also help my shoulder.

It's really important to get as much of the fluid away from the area under my arm so that the swelling doesn't become chronic. That could lead to lymphedema which is permanent. Lymphedema is a swelling of the entire arm. My maternal grandmother had lymphedema and I remember her discomfort.

I will return to work next Monday.

Two steps forward, one step back. In time, my steps will all be forward. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment