Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Waiting. Again.

One week cancer-free.

You always have cancer - it's about managing your disease and staying in remission.

Sarah, my cancer buddy, called. The Oncotype lab is in California. It takes about 2 weeks to get the profile of the tumor.

My tumor was estrogen fed.

Waiting to see if I will need chemotherapy or not.

If my number is low, I will not need chemo - just estrogen blocking pills.

You do a lot of 'waiting' with cancer.

Listening to Jennifer Warnes ...

"Ain't no miracle bein' born
People doin' it everyday
Ain't no miracle growin' old
People just roll that way

So it goes like it goes and the river flows
And time it rolls right on
And maybe what's good gets a little bit better
And maybe what's bad gets gone ..."

Jennifer Warnes (Norma Rae)

No comments:

Post a Comment