Friday, September 12, 2014

Exhaustion

I'm tired ...

My body is fighting this cancer. I can feel it - I'm not imagining things. Granted, my imagination runs wild sometimes, but I know my own body better than anyone else.

There's not a lot about exhaustion online, but I found this on a website, "In a tumor-induced “hypermetabolic” state, tumor cells compete for nutrients, often at the expense of the normal cells' growth. In addition to fatigue, weight loss and decreased appetite are common effects."

I have lost 6 lbs in two weeks. I can't eat, I can't sleep ...

I'm physically, mentally and emotionally spent. I have enough bags under my eyes to go shopping with ...

Went to the park around 6:30 and walked a few laps with my dear mom. Then we hit the Dairy Queen on the way home!

My mother is full of wisdom. She's my best friend. I don't know what I would have done without her love, compassion and support.

I need a cup of coffee. At my sister's cat-sitting her 3 cats. They miss Maria, John & the kids.

I miss them big time! They are in Kefalonia (Greece) ... we text or call each other everyday so it makes the distance, even though temporary, easier to deal with for both of us.

Hurry back sis! Love ya lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment