Sunday, September 14, 2014

Max Schumacher

Oh how I can relate to the character Max Schumacher in Network!

I'm scared shitless ... death is suddenly a perceptible thing to me ...

Max Schumacher:

" ... After living with you for six months, I'm turning into one of your scripts. Well, this is not a script, Diana. There's some real actual life going on here. I went to visit my wife today because she's in a state of depression, so depressed that my daughter flew all the way from Seattle to be with her. And I feel lousy about that. I feel lousy about the pain that I've caused my wife and my kids. I feel guilty and conscience-stricken and all of those things that you think sentimental, but which my generation called simple human decency. And I miss my home because I'm beginning to get scared shitless. Because all of a sudden, it's closer to the end than it is to the beginning, and death is suddenly a perceptible thing to me - with definable features ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment