Friday, September 26, 2014

Feeling Better

Arrived home yesterday with instructions for post-op care, prescriptions for Oxycodone, Cephalexin and Ondansetron.

Took a shower with the help of my mom and disposable underwear provided by the nurse who trained me on the 'two drains' (Jackson Pratt drains). Alice showed me how to empty the drains and how to clip them on the disposable underwear while I take a shower. I was even trained on what to do in case of a leaking drain site (which occurred the day after my surgery). Joe, the nurse on duty when this scary leak occurred, 'plugged' my leak up. I thought it was sweat at first, but it turned out to be blood and lymph fluid.

Today is Friday, September 26th.

I checked the tubing on my drains for any clots. Patients are trained on how to squeeze the tube to 'free' the flow of fluids. I 'milked' my tubes.

Dr. Frazier will remove the drains, hopefully on Monday when I see him at 10:30. Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment