Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pre-Op & Post-Op Training (Janice, keep your chin up!)

I met with Sara, my cancer buddy, and Janice at the Breast Center for our training. Janice had a lumpectomy 10 years ago, followed by radiation and Tamoxifen (one pill per day). She was 41 at the time. Her cancer came back and she is having a mastectomy. I felt so bad for her because some friends and family members are judging her for not getting a mastectomy 10 years ago. Can you imagine? I told her to tune all of these assholes out.

We were told what we need to do before the surgery and what to expect after the surgery.

Last night Julia came over with George, my cousin Ourania, and Christina (my cousin Nick's wife).

I kept feeling pain under my arm pit ...

Called Dr. Frazier's office in the early morning hours - got the answering service. The woman on the phone sounded like she hated her job. Left message. Called Sara, left message. Sara called me back within 15 minutes. Got showered and dressed and left the house at 7:00 am.

Sara recommended I stop working, but I went to work this morning, although I did leave at 11:00.

Tomorrow I will stay home and Monday I had already put in for a VDay (the day before my surgery). I took 3 Tylenol last night, which doesn't work as well as Advil.

I am home now which sucks because I get depressed when I'm home 'sick' ...

Kathy from Dr. Frazier's office called and asked me if I was running a fever and to let her know.

I had a physical and EKG at my family doctor's office yesterday. When Dr. Fleischer took my temperature it was 98.1. My blood pressure was 114/70 ...

Sometimes patients develop an infection after a biopsy, which is normal. Kathy told me not to worry, keep checking my temperature, and if I do run a fever, call her back for antibiotics.

Needless to say, I've had a trying day ...

My mom keeps checking my forehead to see if I'm running a fever. Busting a gut!

No comments:

Post a Comment