Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Scam

I watched the superbowl yesterday and I must confess my favorite part was the half-time show with Madonna. The game itself was a joke! I knew when the referee called a "safety" against Tom Brady that the game was going to be a bore. Who calls a safety in the superbowl? Imagine how many people lost money (those who picked a field goal or a touchdown as the first score of the game were out of luck). I knew right then that the Giants would wind up winning the game.

I read a facinating article in the New York Times regarding the money spent on the game. We're talking about one game (emphasis added). Americans spent more money yesterday than the combined GDP of 25 industrialized nations. Think of that for a moment. There are 196 countries in the world. Can you imagine what we could have done with the billions and billions of dollars spent yesterday on "one game" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment