Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Rock N Roll Marathon - Chicago '11

This past summer John, Maria, Denise, Manny & I drove to Chicago to see Denise & Manny in the Rock & Roll Marathon (August 14th). We drove up; John, Maria & I flew back - the kids kept the car & stayed an additional week. I cannot remember the last time I laughed so much with my sister.

This was Denise & Manny's second run in Chicago. Denise has run the marathon three times in Philadelphia and Manny twice. All of the marathons benefit charities. We saw Al Roker (the weather anchorman on NBC's Today Show) cross the finish line. He barely had enough time to catch his breath when he was approached and asked to say a few words. A young dude with a prosthetic leg crossed the finish line a little after Manny & Denise ...

"There are two ways of meeting difficulties: you alter the difficulties, or you alter yourself to meet them. - Phyllis Battome"

No comments:

Post a Comment