Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Santa Monica


My mom, John, Maria and I are leaving for Los Angeles tomorrow for a week. We will be staying at the JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot Hotel which is not too far from Los Angeles. I'm really looking forward to this trip. I can't wait to see my Uncle Steve as well - we haven't seen him in over a year. Leave it to John to book a Platinum Suite for us in a 7 Star hotel. He got an ugrade to our airline seats to first class. I have never traveled in first class before so this will be a memorable flight for me. My mom and sister get anxious when they are on a plane so they will sit together. John and I are always drinking and have a grand old time. The funny thing is we are supposed to get a few snow flurries in Philly in the afternoon! My mom made me laugh: "It hasn't snowed all winter and it's going to snow the day we are leaving for California." Just to be a smack I told her, "Mom, don't worry, if the wings should happen to freeze they have de-icers, and I'm sure the runway will be treated with some salt before our plane goes barrelling down the take-off lane." I love messing with my mom. I will miss my dad and my cat Gypsy big time. I will also miss Denise & Manoli, and little George. Denise & Manny have nicknames for Maria and I. They have a few for Maria and the most polite nickname that they use for her is "the nose" ... the other two (seldom used) are a little abrasive. They call me "shady" all the time. Denise even taught little George this nickname. Every time George sees me now he says, "Hi Shady!"

I am so grateful to John. He is such a nice guy - I couldn't have asked for a better brother-in-law. He is very considerate when it comes to my parents and me - always looking out for us. My sister is blessed to be married to John. He is a wonderful husband, father, son-in-law and brother-in-law to our family. God Bless you John, and thanks again for inviting my mom and I. As always, we will have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment