Monday, March 26, 2012

My Baby Boo-Boo

I didn't sleep at all last night. I haven't eaten much ... I made myself a sandwich - to absorb all of the alcohol in my system.

It's not often that I drink but when I do, I binge. Nothing like a stiff drink to calm my nerves. And nothing like a Mad Men mini-drink-a-thon to help me forget my problems. I have to drive John to the airport Tuesday morning (he has to go to Lexington, Kentucky). When I think of Kentucky, the Kentucky Derby comes to mind ... and Kentucky Bourbon. John is always telling me how beautiful it is - maybe some day I will get an opportunity to see it up close.

I am comfortably numb. Alone in my parents' family room with my thoughts. I'm watching a repeat of Mad Men. I'm picking up on some subtleties and innuendos that I missed the first time around.

Gypsy is relaxing on the sofa next to me. I love my cat - I love all animals. I'm going to shift over to the sofa to spend some time with her. Petting her really relaxes me. It's better than alcohol or any other mind-altering drug.

Hey Gypsss - are you a good girl? I love you my Gypsy, my baby boo-boo ... My mom sings this song to Gypsy all the time. I used to sing 'you are my sunshine' to Aiko. To this day, I still miss her.


No comments:

Post a Comment