Sunday, March 25, 2012

Relationships, Part 0 (zero) ...

Relationships, Part 0 ... nothing. The old adage, 'you get what you give' just doesn't hold true for me tonight. Who is to blame for that? Me ... stupid me ...

"A relationship is a two-way street, not a highway and a bike path ..." - Unknown

Why is it that the best quotes are written anonymously?

It's a two-way street with no stop signs or red lights. Every so often there's a head-on collision.

After 16 months, I was involved in an accident, only it didn't happen on a two-way street ...

I got dumped on (blamed) for bringing 'changes' to someone's attention. The irony is that quite a few people noticed these changes (behaviors that were out of the ordinary); but, as is the case more often than not, "it's your fault Irene."

Self-esteem issues? You have self-esteem issues?

Try being me and then talk to me about self-esteem. Put yourself in my shoes just for ONE day and then tell me "Whatever you do, please do not go back to medication, you are stronger than that ..."

Yes, I'm a big girl ... but appearances can be deceiving. Big girls cry too. They bleed just like everybody else.

I am too tired and upset to think straight ...

The sign above says "caution drive slow" ... Slow? Tonight I came to a complete stop. Months and months of resentment and hurt just came pouring out ...

I only hope that my sister doesn't receive any phone calls or text messages. Maria and I have a very special bond - only identical twins can relate to what I'm talking about. She is not just my sister - she is my 'other half' ... If her phone starts ringing (all of a sudden), Maria will know right away that I 'said' something.

I just need to get through this phase and see where the road goes. If the road takes me to a dead-end, then it was meant to be. As mentioned in a prior post, our lives were charted for us the day that we were born - we are meant to meet the people that we meet ...

I don't know why I thought today was the 23rd - it's actually the 25th. March 25th - Greek Independence Day ...

Oxi!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment