Sunday, March 4, 2012

Nike Galaxy Foamposite

The sneaker-freak world is abuzz with news of the release of Nike’s limited-edition "Galaxy" Air Foamposite shoes (yes, I'm not making this up - that is the name of these new sneaks) ... footwear so starry purple, so glow-in-the-dark, and so comically overpriced that people actually camped out for a chance at their own $220 pair. {One guy offered to trade his '96 Chevy Cavalier for a pair.} I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want a Chevy Cavalier even if someone were to give it to me for free ...

These sneakers are not ugly - they are 'fugly' (very, very ugly). What might have been discussed while waiting in line?
- "Man, I can’t wait to walk through dog s#!t in these babies!"
- "I only have $110. Anybody wanna go halvsies?"
- "These will be great to wear while I’m waiting in line for the iPad 3!"
- "My wife just texted me – it’s a boy! Anyway … what were you saying about the laces?"
- "I haven’t been this excited about a shoe since the last time Nike told me to be excited about a shoe!"
- "So I said to my mom, 'I’ll look for a job after I get these shoes. Now can I borrow the $220 or not' ..."
- "If you’re interested, I know a guy who can hook you up with some $170 socks!"
- "Excuse me, I have a note from my podiatrist. May I please go to the head of the line?"

No comments:

Post a Comment