Wednesday, December 31, 2014

All I Want ... happy new year!

Out with the old and in with the new!


I am so ready to ring in the new year. I would like to wish everyone a happy and healthy new year. I have been watching TCM and saw this year's "TCM Remembers" tribute. Fans of the band Kodaline will appreciate this montage. Their song, All I Want, does justice to this year's tribute.

One of my all-time favorite actors, Philip Seymour Hoffman, passed away ... and I cried. Oh, how I cried. My sister, my cousin Nicole and Maria (my cousin Nick's wife) saw Death of a Salesman on Broadway. You could hear a pin drop at the end when Willy Loman crashes his car to save his family. What a performance! And who directed the play? Mike Nichols who also passed away this year. 

I struggled to hold back my tears when I saw Philip Seymour Hoffman crying in this clip. 

Enjoy!

TCM Remembers 2014 - (TCM Original)

Turner Classic Movies' annual remembrance of film industry contributors who passed away in 2014, by producer Andrew Alonso, edited by Scott Lansing, and filmed at the Swan House at the Atlanta History Center.

Music by Kodaline - "All I Want"




Andrew Garfield and Finn Wittrock (who is brilliant in American Horror Story this year as a psycho killer) played the sons of Philip Seymour Hoffman and Linda Edmond ... 


Robin Williams, Lauren Bacall, James Garner, Mickey Rooney, Eli Wallach, Maximilian Schell, Sir Donald Sinden, Donatas Banionis, Bob Hoskins, Joan Rivers, Jacques Bergerac, Ralph Waite, Gotfried John, Juanita Moore, Sid Ceasar, Ruby Dee, Shirley Temple ... 

Shirley Temple sings "Auld Lang Syne"

Should auld acquaintance be forgot
And never brought to mine
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
And days of auld lang syne


No comments:

Post a Comment