Monday, November 3, 2014

Sedaris

One of my favorite guests on NPR is the writer / comedian David Sedaris. Every so often he also writes guest articles in the New Yorker Magazine. He has written numerous books - I have them all with the exception of his latest release.

His memoir, Me Talk Pretty One Day, is one of the funniest books I have ever read. Sedaris' description of his five siblings and his parents and paternal grandmother had me laughing so hard, I had tears running down my cheeks.



When a hurricane damaged my father's house, my brother rushed over with a gas grill, three coolers of beer, and an enormous Fuck-It Bucket - a plastic pail filled with jawbreakers and bite-size candy bars. ("When shit brings you down, just say 'fuck it,' and eat yourself some motherfucking candy.") ~ David Sedaris

No comments:

Post a Comment