Sunday, November 16, 2014

Charlie Horse

The pain I experienced from the cramp in my right calf is nothing like the cramps I experienced years ago from exercising too much. The awful gripping pain in my muscle kept me up the last few nights. It has gotten better but now my toes are cramping up on my right foot. Why is it always the right side of my body? Right knee, right forearm, right ankle, breast, calf, and now my toes.

I tried to stretch my calf muscle and I even tried to walk it off.

The last time I had a 'charlie horse' in my calf was when I worked at United Natl. I developed a cramp that came on suddenly. I stretched the muscle and was able to walk it off. At the time, I had lost 60 lbs and was deficient in potassium and calcium. My electrolyte balance was off big time.

I tried two remedies:

I stood about two feet away from a wall. I bent my arms at the elbow and placed my forearms against the wall so that my body was tilting towards the wall and my knees and back were straight. Made sure my heels were on the floor and did not bend my back. This was supposed to extend my calf muscles providing relief.

I know I am not suffering from vitamin deficiency. I eat well and everyday I take my vitamins including a multi, B-complex, calcium, D3, fish oil and vitamin C.

This too shall pass ...

I can't go around walking like a duck much longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment