Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Cancer Survivors Day

Eight months and 8 days post surgery. I'm alive and kicking. (8 is my favorite number).

Cancer Survivors Day was yesterday but I celebrated today with my friend Betty. We went out and then hung out at her house watching hail the size of golf balls falling from the stormy sky. I know we need rain but this is ridiculous!

The community of breast cancer patients, my family and friends, and all of my caregivers (doctors, nurses, technicians, etc.) have kept me going despite the endless doctor appointments, blood tests, scans, medicine, side effects and emotions that come with surving breast cancer. 

I have met many cancer survivors both on and off social media and I hope you all found time to celebrate life. Here's hoping all cancers will soon become curable. 

Life is good!


A selfie (me and Betty's dog Daisy). Daisy gets so excited when I go over she hyperventilates!

No comments:

Post a Comment