Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Moon

Took a couple of advil to try to cure my headache, but they haven't kicked in. My brain hurts. My mind has sunk into a dizzying chaos as a result of my depression. The impact that it has on me is invisible to most people. I have to keep reminding myself "this too shall pass" ...

Made a cup of lavender tea and took a bubble bath, which helped me to relax. I don't know what it is about lavender but it really works wonders.

I'm listening to a beautiful song called 'The Moon's a Harsh Mistress' (sung by Joe Cocker).

The Moon's a Harsh Mistress, See her as she flies
Golden sails across the sky, Close enough to touch
But careful if you try, Though she looks as warm as gold
The moon's a harsh mistress, The moon can be so cold
Once the sun did shine, And lord it felt so fine
The moon a phantom rose, Through the mountains and the pine
And then the darkness fell, The moon's a harsh mistress
It's hard to love her well, I fell out of her eyes
I fell out of her heart, I fell down on my face, yes I did
And I tripped and I missed my star, And I fell and fell alone
The moon's a harsh mistress, The sky is made of stone
The moon's a harsh mistress, She's hard to call your own

I can feel the pain in his voice ...

No comments:

Post a Comment