Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Wahooooooooooo! NEGATIVE!

I had an Oragene-Dx DNA test back in December. All of my doctors were in agreement that I should get the test done.

28 genes known to be involved with hereditary cancer were analyzed. Everyone has these genes. The test looks for any changes ('mutations').


Dr. Hyett called and left me a voicemail. He received the test from Ambry Genetics and I tested negative. He mentioned he would be sending me a copy of the test.

I checked my email a few minutes ago and downloaded the attachment. I jumped for joy when I looked at the results and summary. NEGATIVE!

PANEL RESULTS:
 
CancerNext                Pathogenic Mutation(s):    None Detected
               Variant(s) of Unknown Significance:    None Detected
                                 Deletion(s)/Duplication(s):   None Detected
 
SUMMARY:

                NEGATIVE: No Clinically Significant Variants Detected

I can't even explain how I am feeling right now. It feels like a tremendous amount of weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

In an older post, I tried to come up with words that rhymed with mutation. Here is one:

OCCASION

This Friday I will go out with my family to celebrate the results of my test. A drinking OCCASION.

Busting a gut! I'm always looking for an excuse to drink.

LIFE IS GOOD!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment