Friday, January 15, 2016

Trigger Finger - Tendonitis

I have Tendonitis in both thumbs - trigger finger. The tendons that bend the fingers are like cables and slide through very tight sleeves and tunnels in the hands. Any swelling in the tendon or sleeve will prevent the smooth gliding and cause the tendon to get stuck in the tunnel. This results in the inability to bend or straighten the finger as well as some pain.



I saw Dr. Wehbe again this week. I got a cortisone shot in my right thumb. The shot he injected in my left thumb about a month ago really helped. I can bend my left thumb. Hopefully, I'll be able to bend my right thumb soon.

I do my tendon gliding exercises everyday but I have to follow through with the thumb extension, push a little further and hold.

Tendonitis is usually caused by a degenerative process in the tendons. It can also result from inflammation which may be secondary to repetitive trauma.

Rest, splinting and therapy may take care of the problem. Steroid (cortisone) injections also help. In fact, about half of all cases are cured with a single injection.

Here's hoping the injection I got will help.

3 comments:

  1. Nice and very interesting facts about these exercise for the improvisation. Thank you very much.

    Buy Wardrobe Online | Buy Ladder Online

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visit my blog please http://apotikherbalampuh.blogspot.co.id/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that post is nice and if u have some code then please share with me i m waiting for yours the next post thanks





    Goldenslot สล็อต
    goldenslot mobile

    ReplyDelete