Thursday, May 7, 2015

Plumb down ...

I was supposed to be fitted this Monday for my bras and prosthetic. Unfortunately, the physical therapist, Julie, called out sick.  Now I have to wait until June 1st. The workshop with Yellow Daffodil is once a month, and patients have to be fitted before they can order bras. Oh well, shit happens ...

On Tuesday I will see a Urologist, Dr. Lanchoney, because I have been seeing blood when I urinate. Oh well, shit happens ... (I haven't told my parents - don't want to worry them.) My sister knows and we're waiting to see what might be causing the blood. It is unlikely that it is a bladder infection because it doesn't burn, hurt, etc. Regardless of whether or not this is another side affect of the Arimidex (the lining of your bladder, vagina, etc. may wear away with time), I will continue to take the pills because I have no other choice.

As far as my bruising is concerned, I went from developing 'nickel' size bruises to 'figure eights' ... I don't want to be redundant, but again - shit happens ...

Eight is my favorite number. Always has been and always will be. I don't like odd numbers. Even numbers tend to be lucky for me (8 and 22). There is just something about the number eight. As a figure, it's endless if you think about it. If you've ever skated a figure eight, you will understand where I'm coming from.


Went from Hydrocortisone to Gold Bond to Bacitracin for the rash below my left breast.

 
It's all good. My new normal ... busting a gut!
 
I remember a very, very old saying by Woody Guthrie:
 
"Don't let nothing get you plumb down."
 
AIN'T IT THE TRUTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment