Tuesday, January 20, 2015

3 Polyps / Colonoscopy

This morning I had my colonoscopy. They removed 3 polyps, 1 was hyperplastic and 2 were adenomatous.



Dr. Collazo told me all 3 will be sent for a biopsy and he will call me with the results. He 'snared' them off and cautherized the areas. There are no nerve endings in your colon so you don't feel any pain.



I have had some cramping and bleeding which is normal.

The amount of doctors' appointments one has to endure during and after cancer are unbelievable. The endless appointments with surgeons, radiologists, oncologists, hematologists, gynecologists, mammogram techs, ultrasound techs, etc. are exhausting.

As the months drag on, you realize this is part of your 'new normal' ...

After seeing your gynecologist, you have to have an ultrasound of your pelvis. Then you go back to your oncologist. After seeing your oncologist for the umpteenth time, you have to have a colonoscopy ... then it's back for some lab work to check your markers (that appointment is next in line for me).

It's all worth it because what we have to endure is part of our journey to stay in remission.

So I thank Dr. Frazier, Dr. Gupta, Dr. Fleischer, Dr. Hyett, Dr. Collazzo and all of the support staff for keeping a close eye on me. I am so grateful to have these wonderful human beings in my corner fighting along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment